Crowdfunding Videos for Startups
Kickstarter, Indiegogo, CrowdCube, Seedrs, Crowdfunder and other crowd source funding and investment platforms have become powerful tools for blossoming startups to raise capital and bring brand new products to the market. Kickstarter and other crowdfunding video campaigns can also be used by charities to raise money online. You’ll need a clear idea of what you want to fund, great storytelling to communicate your idea or cause, a fundraising target and a timeframe in which to meet it.
How to Crowdfund Using Video – tips
- Don’t try to make the video yourself. The success or failure of these ventures often rests entirely on the quality of the promotional video.
- Keep it short and simple – few crowdfunding videos can hold the viewers’ attention for longer than 2 minutes.
- Get straight to the point – clearly outline your product or business idea in the first 10 seconds.
- Use an interview format. It takes years of practice to master a scripted autocue delivery and unless you’re a pro you’ll look unnatural. Let an experienced director help you sell your product through an interview format.
- Don’t rely on getting traffic to your video purely from the crowd source funding website – successful crowdfunding pitch videos are also promoted on social media, via an email mailing list, and list it on search engines and other websites.
What’s Included in your Crowdfunding Video Package:
- Copy of our questionnaire ‘Business Plan – What You’ll Need to Make a Crowdfunding Video’
- Research, planning, script and interview question writing
- Broadcast camera operator and director on the shoot
- Two cameras, full lighting set-up and use of hi-tech equipment including our steady cam
- Editing, post production and delivery
- 3 rounds of amendments
- 2-3 minute video
- Custom video thumbnail
- Copy of our video marketing guide ‘How to promote your crowdfunding campaign’
If you are looking for a team to help you create an effective crowdfunding video, give Bounce a call on 07799 417 598 or send us an email.